Setup custom email for sending reset Password info

0 votes

Hello

I'm trying to setup email for my app on dashboard to send reset password info with my preference, but got problem.

Follow this post as a reference, but get no success

What was done

GMAIL

google setting - official settings, see attached png

Yahoo

POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail | Yahoo Help ... - official settings, see attached png

Problem

When I try to send email - I got message mail sent successfully, but I don't receive any email

After reading post found similar problem described here - exactly same case as I have. On linked post there is no solution for problem and post to old to continue there.

Also, I got from google warning about unsecured connection, but even if I turn security to lowest level - it's not work (for yahoo service, I even not receive anything). 

my account -  translatorDevelopmentTeam@gmail.com

Another problem - when I try to save template - I got notification: "saved", but when I return back in few min it's gone....

Thanks in advance

asked Mar 16, 2017 in App42 DevOps by translatorDevelopmen (17 points)
edited Mar 16, 2017 by translatorDevelopmen

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hi,

Apologies for getting late back to you.

Our production team is looking into it, will update you very soon.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Mar 20, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Mar 31, 2017 by translatorDevelopmen
thanks, waiting for response, thus this is important feature for us
Hello again, is any update available here? thus this is major point it would be great to get some update from your side, thanks in advance
Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. It is resolve from our end,Could you please check again and let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,
Himanshu
Hello again, i dont know why, but only after reseting keys I was able to use SDK as before.

I add again email (from google), update template for reset password, when I try to compose - success message displayed, but actually no email received at all

Used settings as described on google setup page.

Is any additional setup for google account requreid? Which port u use for testing on your side? SSL checked out?

Can u advice?

Thanks
Could you please add us as a collaborator on your app? It will help us to provide better support to you.

To add us as a collaborator, please select App42 Cloud API -> App Manager -> Collaborator > Add Collaborator and add demo@shephertz.com email address.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
hello, added
Hi, It seems like the password which you have configured in the settings is incorrect. Please update your password and let us know if you still face any issue while sending emails.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
hello, perform pass reset on gmail account, update info in app. Tested - result same for me...
just receive  few warning from google:

Hi Translator,
Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account translatordevelopmentteam@gmail.com, using an application such as an email client or mobile device.
Details:
Friday, March 31, 2017 5:00 AM (ET)
United States*
Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:

last time i was blocked after few trials....
note - security level - minimum
You just need to allow the services to access this email address, so that our server can send email to your app users using your email id.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
can u advice where exactly i should do this? Didn't see any option for that in google account or in yahoo mail. Do u have any instruction how to perform this?
add yahoo account to app

also if u perform success testing on your side u already should be able to allow google to use account? Am i right? If yes - please advice how to do so

thanks
Finally i found what should be done:

1)
"Allow less secure apps" - put it to ON
as described here - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

2) go to email account->settings->Forwarding and POP/IMAP-> IMAP Access:->change "Status: IMAP is enabled" and "Status: POP is enabled for all mail"

That would work and allow anyone including app42 service access to email

@Himanshu Sharma -  thanks, and i guess u should add this to your instruction how to setup google account, as u see, I spend few weeks while the reason was found...

you can close discussion, for now resolved
Please use this link to allow apps to send email https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1. Once it is done then check again by resetting your password and let me know if you are able to receive the emails.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Sure will work with your feedback. Let me know if any other help required from our end.
Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
thanks, and have a good day :)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com