2 - 4 second hang up with any call to App42 API.

0 votes

Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with my game hanging up whenever I make a call to App42, whether it's to authenticate user or update json document through storage service. Attached is a screen grab of the Unity profiler looking at one such hang; it looks like it's related to RESTConnectorWWW.WaitForRequest() but I'm not sure where to start in fixing this issue. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.

asked May 8, 2017 in Unity by duggo42 (17 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello,

Greetings!!!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have forwarded your query to our development team. We will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

App42 Team
answered May 9, 2017 by anonymous
Hello,
Greetings!!!
Could you please share the following details with us:
1.Which network connection you are using like, wifi,3G,4G network
2.The input which you share with us checked on standalone application or mobile application.
3.Unity version
It will help us to provide better support to you.
Hello,

1. WiFi connection
2. This has been experienced both when running in the editor and when running a mobile (iOS) build.
3. Unity version 5.5.1

Let me know if there's any other information I can provide you that will help. Thanks!
Hello,
Greetings!!!
Could you please check this issue by changing the network connection type from Wifi to 4G ? and please share the experience with us using 4G network. It will help us to provide better support to you.
Hello, I switched off WiFi and just used the 4G and tested on the device (iPhone 5s) by logging in and retrieving documents; the issue was just as pronounced, if not more so.
Hello,
Greetings!!!
I have forwarded your query to our development team, they are working into it. We will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your patience.
Great, I'll keep on eye out for your reply. Thanks again!
Any progress on this yet?  Thanks.
Okay, since there hasn't been a response in weeks, I've decided to drop App42 and switch over to Amazon Web Services.  Thanks anyway.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com