Get User By Profile Data for Corona

0 votes
Hi, Under "Get User By Profile Data" in the User Service documentation for Corona, it says "not available." Is this available now? I would like to be able to store the facebook user id of my players in one of the profile fields then have the ability to retrieve that profile using this unique facebook id. Is this possible? If not, is there another way I can accomplish this? Here is my scenario. When "John Lewis Smith" first logs into my app with Facebook, he creates a unique player name, lets say "bigjohnny." So bigjohnny is his username in App42. In the app I can present bigjohnny a list of his Facebook firends who have my app installed. So in reality, they too login with Facebook and have a unique player name in App42. I want bigjohnny to be able to select one of those friends then use that friend's facebook id to look up their username in App42 to send them a game request.The list that is presented to Johnny comes from Facebook so it only has the full Facebook name such as "Tina Louise Kiser" and her facebook id so I have no way of finding Tina in App42 without this ability. Hope that makes sense! Scott
asked Jun 15, 2017 in Android by gsglawson (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Scott,

As of now, we don't have any planned release for Get User By Profile Data method We would suggest you to call Storage service to save user related information and fetch it on the client side using query interface. 

Please have a look at this link for more details and let me know if you need any help from my side while integration. 

Regards.

Himanshu Sharma

answered Jun 16, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com