Explanation of a session for user?

0 votes
Hello all. I'm trying to wrap my head around a user session, and what purpose it would serve....what I see so far is it's essentially a customizable way of storing data (attributes) tied to a specific user. Is that about correct? What are some of the use cases folks out there have used it for? Certainly appreciate input and explanations! Best, Mario
asked Nov 29, 2017 in Corona by mario.roberti (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hello Mario,

Apologies for getting late back to you.

On higher notes, you are correct it helps you to store user-specific attribute along with his/her session on the server. Apart from this its also have admin API to manage the user session through which you can expire and generate new session for a user.

In some of the cases, it helps you to check the user session is valid or not.  e.g: You have a case where you want to run your code only for verified users with their valid identity. In such case, you can use admin API to check the session of the particular user and take certain action.

Let me know if above information helps or if you need any other help from our side. We will be happy to help you!

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Dec 4, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Dec 6, 2017 by mario.roberti
Excellent. Appreciate the explanation. And glad to see the Corona API was updated just in October very recently!!
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com