Async Message/Queue Service tuts

0 votes
Hello, are there any tutorials on using the MS? I don't just mean the code samples in the dev center. I am curious what use-cases they apply to, some best practices, best scenarios etc. Can I use them, for example, to get a server side variables, let's say the server version (I don't mean the "real" App42 version, but something I'd call a "version" which I would constantly update after some changes in my dashboard for example, like adding scheduled server custom code events)? Or would custom code be better? Side question: assuming I mistyped the api id or app private key, how can I track failures in Initialize() calls? (without parsing debug logs, but as a callback with onSuccess or Exception)
asked Jul 6, 2018 in Unity by xian_ef (35 points)
recategorized Jul 7, 2018 by xian_ef

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hi Xian,

For your second question, where API_Key is wrong, you will get "1401 - UNAUTHORIZED - Client is not authorized" whenever you call any App42 API in onException callback.

For your first question, you can store the version in our Storage module in a JSON Document so that you can update it right from AppHQ dashboard or using UpdateAPI. For fetching it from your application you can just call our FindDocument APIs. 

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

answered Jul 9, 2018 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
selected Jul 9, 2018 by xian_ef
Thank you for your answer! For invalid keys, I know additional API calls trigger 1401, but I think an Init callback is ideal :)
Maybe take into consideration, even if with very low priority, if it won't break the design. As for storing JSON documents with server side static vars/data, I didn't think of that. Thank you for the suggestion!
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com