Does the App42 Cloud API Support WinRT Applications (Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1)?

0 votes

Hello,

I am trying to develop an application for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 devices (i.e. a Windows Store application) using the App42 Cloud API but when I try to add the reference to the dll file into my project I get the error:

Error 1 Cannot find type System.SystemException in module mscorlib.dll.

Once I remove the App42 cloud API my application compiles fine. I have created an extremely basic application to test what is happening and it seems that something in the library is not compatible with Windows Runtime applications.

Do the App42 Cloud API not support Windows Runtime (WinRT) applications? Is there any plans to add this so I can use the App42 cloud API to develop Windows 8.1 as well as Windows Phone 8.1 store applications?

I am using Visual Studio Express 2013
asked Apr 14, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by feraask (45 points)
edited Apr 14, 2014 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes
Currently we are working on it. At the End of this week it will be complete.
answered Apr 14, 2014 by sshukla480 (407 points)
Sounds good. Where can I get the latest version which has the updates included to work with Windows Runtime 8.1 Store applications? It is Friday 04/17/2014 in central U.S. now should I expect it to be released soon or does it still need time?
This will update in our App42_WINDOWS_SDK by Saturday 9:00 AM your time. I think you stated wrong date and day, Friday for sure will be 18/04 in any part of the world :-).
Will you roll this into your Unity version as well?  So that within Unity 5.0.1 I can compile a build for Windows Store 8.1?  Or do I need to download App42_WINDOWS_SDK and copy over that dll into my project?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com