AppWarp WinRT Connection Resiliency

0 votes
Hello,

I am developing an application for WinRT 8.1 and I have added the connection resiliency features of the AppWarp SDK to my application but I am noticing that my connection is being disconnected and recovered very often. Many times my device is simply sitting with no actions happening and for some reason my connection to AppWarp will disconnect and then recover very quickly. I've noticed this happens a lot when I interact with the screen and navigate between pages. Is it possible that the background thread for the AppWarp connection is just being starved by other threads and thus it drops the connection?

It always very quickly recovers successfully and my internet service is connected the entire time so I am not sure what is going on.

It seems like when the UI is running something slightly more demanding like switching between pages with animations that is when the disconnect happens so it is most likely that the background thread that is maintaining the AppWarp connection just isn't being run often enough to maintain the connection. I can also make it happen by tapping dummy buttons (i.e. they call no function) on the screen very rapidly. But it also will just happen randomly when I leave the phone sitting for a while so I really can't figure out what the cause is. I am doing my testing on the Windows Phone 8.1 emulator and my actual Windows Phone 8.1 device (Nokia Lumia 1020).

I have also now tested the same code running on Windows 8.1 and it has the same issues. It seems the AppWarp SDK is very sensitive to timing and threading and disconnects very easily as it seems to happen most often when navigating between pages.

I have now also tested using the AppWarp SDK for Windows Phone Silverlight 8 and it works fine and I don't have the disconnect issues. So it seems there is a bug in the AppWarp WinRT SDK.
asked Jun 7, 2014 in AppWarp by feraask (45 points)
edited Jun 8, 2014 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

We will be able to provide the update by 12th june.

answered Jun 9, 2014 by errahulpanchal (169 points)
Okay great! Please just let me know when the update is live. Thank you.
Hi,

We have resolved this issue,Please find the latest dll from below link
https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpWinRT/tree/master/v_1.6.1
Hi,

I am also having the same problem with Windows Phone 8 sdk. Whenever I navigate to new page, the connection with AppWarp gets disconnected. Because of this the user drops out of the room that he was connected. I am using the latest sdk, version_1.6.2 which was released on 2nd July'2014.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com