Error building Unity for Windows 8

0 votes
I'm getting an error when building my Unity project for Windows with the App42_Unity3D_SDK DLLs (2.3.1, 2.3 and 1.9 all show same issue): Cannot find System.SystemException in mscorlib.dll. Anybody else seeing this? Does this DLL use this API - it's not available on Win8.
closed with the note: Answered with new build of SDK.
asked Mar 9, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by rtargosz (94 points)
closed Mar 28, 2014 by rtargosz

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer

This is fixed in the latest Unity plug-in download with several caveats:

1. You have to use the WP8 DLL even for Windows Store builds: https://github.com/shephertz/App42_Unity3D_SDK/tree/master/2.4.1/App42-Unity3D-SDK-WP8.

2. You must use the "PlayerSettings.MetroCompilationOverrides.UseNetCore" option. Using "PlayerSettings.MetroCompilationOverrides.UseNetCorePartially" will build but crash when initializing.

3. Use the C#/XAML/8.1 version from Unity 4.3.4f1. Note: Unity will be dropping the D3D11 option in the future.

Thanks to the App42 team for getting this fixed quickly!

Rob Targosz, Bent Vector Studios

answered Mar 28, 2014 by rtargosz (94 points)
Is there any fix for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 store applications? I am getting the same error but I am simply using XAML and C# to develop an application not Unity.
+1 vote
Yes, we are using System.SystemException and currently working to resolve this issue for Unity Windows8 Desktop apps.
answered Mar 9, 2014 by sshukla480 (407 points)
Ok, thanks. Guess I'll have to wait for the update; there's no workaround, right?
Any ETA on the update? I'm just about ready to ship my game!
Is there any fix for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 store applications? I am getting the same error but I am simply using XAML and C# to develop an application not Unity.
This was fix for unity3d in our new release. To download visit
https://github.com/shephertz/App42_Unity3D_SDK
For C# we are working on it. At the End of this week it will be complete.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com