How to manage User Data ?

0 votes
Hello,

In http://forum.shephertz.com/?qa=2974/storing-custom-data-in-user-profile&show=2974#q2974 I learned how to create and get user data.

However I wonder what is the proper way to manage the lifetime of user data when we need to modify it ?

Use Case :
I create data with my User -> doc ID1 is created.
The User plays a bit...
Now I want to update the data of my user. I can :

- Upload a new docID ( via User service using user data ). Problem : The old doc is not deleted.
- Keep the old doc ID, then Upload a new docID ( via User service using user data ). Then delete from storage the old docID. Problem : The old docID might still be kept in the user data, but the document will not be available anymore...
- Can I easily replace the content of a doc linked with the user ? Using User service / Storage Service ?
- Any other option ?

So I am wondering what is the proper way to update an existing user data...
Can I do it using only user service ? What is the proper flow ?

Thank you.
asked Aug 13, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by asmodehn (15 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Asmodehn,

Thanks for writing to us.

If I understood your user case correctly, you can update your user data using no-sql storage service. If you don't want to add a new doc id in the database.

Kindly find the link of update document by doc id method which is the proper way to update your user data using no sql storage service. Let us know if you have more question for us.

Thanks.

answered Aug 13, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com