Regarding Buddy Management Service - getAllFriendsInGroup method

0 votes

I am facing issues in fetching friends present in a group using the following API:

getAllFriendsInGroup(userName,ownerName,groupName)

My observations are as follows:

1. If the userName field is same as ownerName of the group, then all friends are retrieved successfully.

2. However, if userName not same as ownerName (is of some other friend in a group), then full friendlist is not retrieved. It returns one member -- Owner name only.

Is it as per design that only group owner can fetch all friends in a list? Others cannot?

asked Oct 2, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Sahil Gera (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi sahil,

If the userName field is same as ownerName of the group, then all friends are retrieved successfully because user himself is owner of group and all members are his friends.

If user is not the owner of group, only list of friends who are in the group will be returned. Incase owner is the only member who is friend of user, only owner will be returned.

Let me know if it helps. 

/Sachin

answered Oct 4, 2014 by SACHIN25 (190 points)
I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more questions for us.
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com