Login with google+ and Facebook

0 votes
Hi there,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to perform a Facebook connect and a Google + connect with your api.

Anyone know if there is a way to develop such behavior?

Kind regards.

Mauro
asked Oct 8, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by m.casula (11 points)
Hello,

Could you please add more context regarding your query that in which platform and sdk version you are working on? It will help us to assist better support to you.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi Himanshu and thanks for the feedback. I'm working on an Android game. I've developed a google plus and a Facebook login but I'm having troubles integrating this with App42. Do you know any doc I can follow?

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Please have a look on this link, it will help you to understand that how you can easily integrate the Facebook with App42 API's.

For integrating the Google Plus, please follow just simple steps:

• Create an ACL enabled app from AppHQ Management Console
  • Write a custom code method which will accept access token and unique user id provided by Google Plus
  • Validate access token and check if this access token belongs to same user id using provider REST API
  • If it validates and belongs to same user id, create session id in Session Service using user id and return created session id in response. You have to use Admin Key to create session here. (See this)
  • If it does not validate throw unauthorized exception
  • On client side use this session id in every request using setSessionId method and pass user id as user name wherever it is required.

This will enable auth in your app for Google Plus.

Let us know if it helps.

Himanshu Sharma

answered Oct 17, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more questions for us.
Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com