storageService.FindDocumentsByLocation returning 404 error code

0 votes
StorageService storageService = App42API.BuildStorageService();
                  storageService.SetGeoTag(gp);
                  GeoQuery query = QueryBuilder.BuildGeoQuery(gp, GeoOperator.WITHIN, distanceInKM);
                  // find documents by geo query.  
                  storageService.FindDocumentsByLocation(dbName, collectionName, query, this);

i am using following code to retreuve documents in a collection inside my db. But it's returning errorcode 404, the database [appname]:[dbname] has no collections. Although i could see the collection made from my admin panel in technical service manager.

for the collections not made in my db, let's say name of collection is col, then it returns "No doucument in the collection 'col' exists for given query.

i was getting back responses earlier, before i deleted all the collections and users from the admin panel online, and now wanted to create new users and add/retreive user's data using storage service
asked Oct 26, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Nipun Birla (18 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Nipun,

The exception message "the database [appname]:[dbname] has no collections"  occurred when you have no collection in App42 database however "No doucument in the collection 'col' exists for given query" occurred  when there is no document exist in given collection.

Please insert/save some data in the given database and collection to overcome this exception.

Let me know if it  helps.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Oct 27, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
edited Dec 3, 2014 by hs00105
Hello Nipun,

I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more questions for us.
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com