Different useraccounts with same facebookID

0 votes
Hello,

We have an app in which user register. After registration they are able to connect their account to Facebook using the linkuserwithfacebook method, to use their friendlist, avatar etc. Now, while in production for about 6 month, we discover different users having the same facebookID. We think the different accounts are used by the same person. My question is:

Is there a way to find out if a facebookID is already used by an other user?

We would try to prevent future duplicate use of FacebookID. So I hope someone can help me on this.

Kind regards,

Wouter
asked Oct 27, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by wouter (34 points)
recategorized Oct 27, 2014 by sushil

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Wouter,  

This looks strange as facebook id considered to be unique and non-reusable. You should report on Facebook Comunity for this. If you want to maintain these enteries, you can easily maintain using our Storage service where you can save facebook Id and respective profile in the form of JSON. Please have a look on this tutorial and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Oct 27, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello Wouter,

I hope your query has been resolved, kindly let us know if you have more questions for us.
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com