Appwarp Connection problems in Unity 3D

0 votes
Hello,

We are developing a real time game with AppWarp on Unity 3D.

We have been using Appwarp since 5 months and always have connection problems.

Sometimes the connection errors comes 30 min after being connected and other times 1 min after.

The error is always "recoverable". It is happing on all platforms; mobiles and standalone..

I think is very strange, because i am connected via wifi in mobile and wire connection on PC.

I wanted to ask if is it normal or something is wrong with this.

I use resiliency and i add and destroy listeners on each scene. All seems correctly.

I manage 3 scenes in Unity.

-The first for users login (App42) and appwarp connection.

-The second the menu of the game.

-The third one is more realtime playtime.

The connection errors occurs in second and third scenes, because the first one is only for login purposes.

Thank you very much for the support.

Greetings from Spain.
asked Nov 20, 2014 in AppWarp by etorkigames (25 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi,

I tested AppWarp and Unity on our side and seems to work perfectly. Also many of our clients are using our service without any such issue. On Wireless networks it's common to have connection issues. Therefore we developed connection resiliency feature. 

We are taking your issue seriously and will definitely discuss within our team. 

Meanwhile You can try connecting to different server location. Use setGeo API during initialization for server location selection. Use  "us" for USA, "eu" for Europe, "japan" for Japan and "sp" for Sao Paulo as argument in setGeo API.

Thanks
answered Nov 21, 2014 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Ok.

I will try setGeo during initialization.

For recoverable errors what would you recommend?
Notify the user that the connection is recovering or not?Could recoverable error fails reconnecting?

Please tell me if i can do something more for getting better experience with your SDK.

Thanks for the support.
Yes! Reconnecting can fail if there is still not an internet connection or recoverable time has elapsed.
Hello again,

I called setGeo for Europe but still having troubles.

Could you confirm that your clients are using more than one scene in Unity and are not getting recoverable errors?

I think that maybe there is a problem with using various scenes in Unity.

Your example of using WarpClient in 2 scenes is so simple so i can not test enough...for getting the trouble.

Other mini question...
Should i join a lobby all times after suscribing it? When i enter a room, i unsuscribe the lobby. And when come back to menu i suscribe again. But i noticed that after unsuscribing from lobby one time, if i disconnect, other players doesnt get onUserLeftLobby.(I am using resiliency, but i think that if disconnects, resiliency may not work..)

Do i explained well?

Thanks for the support.
You don't have to join a lobby unless you want to. Only join a lobby if you are using any logic based on lobby.

Regarding more than 2 scenes, I don't think that should be an issue. Our Unity SDK is pure C# code and does not depend on Unity. Therefore it does not matter how you are using in Unity. Just make sure when you switch scenes you remove listeners from previous scene and add new listeners from new scene.

Regarding disconnecting issue, did you get success in onDisconnectDone callback.

How are you facing connection issue? Is it that it never gets connected or it disconnect on certain actions like sending chat etc or when you sit idle in the game?
Thanks for answer so fast.

I am not getting onDisconnectDone..i called it before loading the first scene, but did not raises at all.
If i call Disconnect and i wait for onDisconnectDone for continue the disconnect process, i am getting this error calling my process to logout..

"CompareBaseObjectsInternal can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function."

I understand that i can not call methods in that event.

The connection issue appears when i sit idle.
My game is turn based but with real time.

Thank you.
Thanks for this information. I will test out our Unity SDK based on your scenario
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com