After clearing all data and readding it, I can't get the docs based on geo

0 votes

Hello

I am having "similar issue". I was get ing the geo info when I do findDocumentsByGeo. But then I deleted all the users and the collection to clear the messy test data. I then added the same collection and some Geo data. I can even see it in the panal but when I run the same Geo query I was doing before I am getting this error.

12-08 03:16:11.108: I/System.out(4563): Exception Message{"app42Fault":{"httpErrorCode":404,"appErrorCode":2609,"message":"Not Found","details":"The dataBase xxx:yyy has no collections "}}

Although when I call the method "findAllDocuments" then it return the collection and the contents.

Any idea why this is happening?

asked Dec 8, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by AndroidFolk (107 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello AndroidFolk,

The exception message ""The dataBase xxx:yyy has no collections"  occurred mainly because of wrong coordinates in Geo query. Kindly check your Geo co-ordinates exist in the specified limit which is -180 to 180 & let us know if it helps. Exception message that you got is actually misleading, we will fix this in our mid-month release.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Dec 8, 2014 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
I don't think so. As I the geo location on the server and the geo location I am using in the query are within 50 Meters. I am using actually 10km for the radius. The thing it was working before but then it stopped after I deleted the collection from the Admin panel and readded it again
That's weird. After so many trials ( without changing the code)  I got it it work. I had to delete the collection again and "Rename it" so that it is new collection. I think there is bug on the server side that when you clear the collection and/or delete it, you would have to create a new collection with different name to work
I found the real issue. I will open a related question as I need to show code. please see it
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com