Buddy Service how to get notified of the received message

0 votes
Hello,

So I have been integrating the Cloud API BAAS products and I now I am exploring the buddy service since it has the groups/friends/messages features. Part of my app, is the users can create groups and add their friends to it. So I was wondering assuming a group has 5 people and one of the people sends a group message, how do I get notified on the receiver side (the other 4 members) that a message has been received?

Same question applied to friend request. How do I get notified that friend is adding me to his list?

Thank you
asked Dec 18, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by AndroidFolk (107 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Buddy service provides a way to post a message on cloud and then receive that message on other end through pull based mechanism. You can combine this with Push Notification and send Push message to notify other users of group about message posting or other events. See our Push Notification tutorial about the same here.

Let us know if it helps.

Naresh Dwivedi

answered Dec 18, 2014 by naresh (350 points)
edited Dec 19, 2014 by naresh
Thank you Naresh. Good idea. I wish it is not polling as there is no point of it with it being polling since the flow should really be a push style. I can't see a use case of polling unless you want to poll every second which is an over kill. The link is not working, can you please ensure it is the right link?
Hello AndroidFolk,

Apologies for the inconvenience cause.
I have edited my answer with correct link, please find it & let us know if you need further assistance regarding this.
Thanks,
Naresh
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com