Eclipse in superuser mode

0 votes

Because of using port 843 for Flash/Unity socket policy, i have to use java in root mod.

To debug while running, i start to use eclipse in superuser mod in mac os x by the help of this elegan solution http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20378162/gksu-on-mac-osx?lq=1

in main file after the line of  

"AppWarpServer.start(new BackgammonServer(), appconfigPath);"

eclipse stops printing to console. 

What is going in that line ? What is the solution for this issue ? 

Thanks.

NOT : Everthing is working ok, but no console printing :(

asked Jan 5, 2015 in AppWarpS2 by hi (10 points)
If i do not use root mode, i got 2015-01-05 14:35:39,090 - ERROR: Error in starting FlashPolicyServer java.net.SocketException: Permission denied

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi,

Can you try same scenario that is running eclipse in root mode but create a generic Java application instead of AppWarp S2. If even in basic java application you are unable to print logs on console when running in root mode, there must be some issue with your environment.

Thanks
answered Jan 5, 2015 by Suyash Mohan (900 points)
Hi Mohan,

As i wrote above, it can print before the line of " AppWarpServer.start ",

There is something going on in AppWarpServer.start() which prevents printing to console after that line.
hmmm uhmm any ideas ?
0 votes

I couldnt fix the issue, you can not see console prints of appwarp libs when using debugger in root mode.

But i did something different.

I started a flashpolicy server to publish crossdomain at 843. And ran ecplise in normal user mod. 

In appwarp.log it says,

2015-01-06 07:01:47,089 - ERROR: Error in starting FlashPolicyServer java.net.SocketException: Permission denied

But i handle the FlashPolicyServer with flashpolicyd.py by Adobe and client apps have no problem right now.

answered Jan 6, 2015 by hi (10 points)
I tried running Eclipse in as Administrator on Windows and I was able to see messages on console.
i dunno what admin mode is but in linux and mac os x, if you try to run java in eclipse with root privileges, appwarp libs do not print to console :(
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com