Best way to ask client to update the game state?

0 votes
So I have the game, it is asynchronous multiplayer board game. After current player made his turn, I want him to somehow send a message to the next player to update the gamestate by loading it from the server. (something like a pull request to a user if he is logged in, if he is not I don't need to do anything because every time he logs into the game he loads the game state.) What is the best way to do it? What service should I use? I'm using Unity game engine and store the game state using shephertz api on Storage Services.
closed with the note: problem solved
asked Jan 9, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Burda George (16 points)
closed Jan 9, 2015 by Burda George

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hello Burda,

You can easily resolve it by sending a push notification (Message: Its your turn, please load the game state) to that user. In this way you can more app more engaging and inform your opponent about his move even if he is not logged in.

Please have a look at this link which will help you to understand the basic concept & integration parts of Push notification service in your app. 

Let us know if it helps. 

Himanshu Sharma

answered Jan 9, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com