email format error

0 votes
hi. I think there is a bug about email format when registering users. When I use something like a@yahoo.com I get exception about bad email format. could you please check that?

thanks in advance.
asked Feb 23, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Arash Shahzamani (25 points)
recategorized Mar 3, 2015 by sushil

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer

Hello Arash,

If you have a scenario where you have to put the email address which contain only one letter before @symbol then you have to customize create user method with the new regex pattern. Kindly find a link from here, which has the method of register user, which you can use to make a rest call for registering your user with App42 and set your email format at your end.

Also, find a below code snippet to call that method & let us know if it solve your issue:

App42UserService app42UserService = new App42UserService("api_key", "secret_key");
User userObj = app42UserService.registerUser("Your_username","Your_password","Your_emailId");

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
answered Feb 27, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Feb 27, 2015 by Arash Shahzamani
thanks for the answer. but is this a bug or is it standard for creating email?
It is a standard format for email which takes minimum 3 parameter before @sysmbol.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Thanks.Got it.
0 votes
Hi Arash,

I tried registering with the email id you mentioned and the registration was successful.There must be some typo while you were trying to register.

Thanks

Kanika Mittal

AppWarp Team
answered Feb 24, 2015 by kanika mittal (50 points)
thanks for the answer, but I tried many times and whenever the first part of email is one or two letters(before @), I get the following exception:
Exception :com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.android.App42Exception: EmailAddress is not valid.
 Exception MessageEmailAddress is not valid.
I use app42 android sdk 3.2
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com