App42 Xamarin/Mono SDK Issues

0 votes
Hello,

I am developing an application using Xamarin.Android (and eventually Xamarin.iOS) and using the App42 Mono SDK's and I am having issues geting it to work. I tried adding the Android version of the SDK and JSON dll's to my Xamarin.Android project and it compiled fine but when I try to call UserService.Authenticate I get an exception saying "Error reading JObject from JSON Reader".

I even tried running the sample Android application from the SDK GitHub download and it is crashing with the same exception when calling gameService.CreateGame().

It is also not letting me use a try catch block with an App42Exception as the catch type as it says that the exception must derive from System.Exception. If someone could help me with these issues I would really appreciate it.

When downloading the SDK I noticed it had two versions (one for android and one for iOS) and each had it's own version of Newtonsoft.JSON and neither has been updated for 2 years. Xamarin and App42 have grown and changed quite a lot in these past 2 years so these are just most likely incompatabilities due to that. Would it be possible to create a new version of the SDK that combines both Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS versions into one dll that can be used in a PCL (portable class library) that targets both platforms similar to how the AppWarp Mono SDK is (and also uses same Newtonsoft.JSON dll that can be retrieved from Nuget)?

Thanks
asked Mar 16, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by feraask (45 points)
edited Mar 16, 2015 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello Feraask,

Xamarin SDK has limited services in it however can be extended if you need additional services. Source is available inside downloadable zip and can be used for extension.

Let me know which services you are interested to build, we will help you with the same.

Thanks

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 18, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello,
I am interested in the UserService, StorageService, UploadService, and the BuddyService so if you could help me get those setup in a shared PCL project that is reference by my Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS projects that would be great.
So can you help me set this up? I don't see the BuddyService in the code either.
Hello feraask,

Sure, We will help you to build these services on Xamarin platform. I can share buddy service code in csharp with you, but that will take two to three days. I will update this thread for the same. For your reference, you can see our PHP SDK code from the below link to see the buddy service code:
https://github.com/shephertz/App42_PHP_SDK/

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
So is the C# Buddy Service code available now?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com