Need some clarification about using Leaderboard service

0 votes

Hi guys, I'm newbie to App42, i'm using cocos2d-x c++.

I just want to verify if this things are possible using leaderboard service:

• Edit score with extra data = As I read you can only edit score but how about the additional data save along with score? Is there a way to edit the extra data with a minimum api call along with the score?
  • Save only highscore = Server will not save score if it's lower. Is this possible?
  • Fetch Additional data and scores from all facebook friends. = Can I get all scores and extra data from "ALL" of my facebook friends, as I read you can only get the top scorers but what If my extra contains additional data like longest word and I want to make it in leaderboards? Is it also possible that the data to be fetch is tie in with the fb user id and not all json data?

asked Mar 17, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by blackmagicstd (16 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Kindly find my answer in below lines:

Ques: Is there a way to edit the extra data with a minimum api call along with the score?

Ans: As of now there is only way to update the additional data is to use update method of storage service. However we are already working onto provide the feature, so that you can update the data along with editScore with minimum API call. 

Save only highscore = Server will not save score if it's lower. Is this possible?

Ans: You can easily handle this on client. For example:  When ever user scored in game, you can save his score in app local storage. Once they come again to save score in game, you can check the previous score and match with latest one and return. 

Is it also possible that the data to be fetch is tie in with the fb user id and not all json data?

Ans: You can fetch your data easily along with getTopNRankers by using query inetrface. Please have a look at this blog post and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 18, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi, I hope you're still there about my last question, what i'm hoping for is like a function "Saving additional Data along with Score From Facebook" and
"Fetch Additional data in leaderbaord From Facebook". In short I want the extra data to be tie in to the facebook friends or user ids. Is that possible?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com