Social leaderboard can't find my game - 404 error

0 votes
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to connect to my leaderboard with Unity, but I keep getting this error:

Exception Occurred : com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.App42NotFoundException: {"httpErrorCode":"404", "appErrorCode":"3026", "message":"Not Found", "details":"Scores with friends for the game with the name 'No Girls Allowed' does not exist."}
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
LeaderBoardCallBack:OnException(Exception) (at Assets/Standard Assets/App42/scripts/Scripts/LeaderBoardCallBack.cs:51)
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.connection.<execute>d__3:MoveNext()
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.csharp.connection.<WaitForRequest>d__0:MoveNext()

A little background - this started happening after I removed my game from AppHQ and added it back, so there might be an issue there. The game definitely is there now, and I even tried creating a new one with a different name as well, but got the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Drew

UPDATE: I've tried adding a new game with and without spaces, and even gone so far as to adding a whole different app and putting a new game on it, but no luck. My next step will probably be to register with a new account and see if that helps.
asked Mar 20, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Drew Nusser (10 points)
edited Mar 21, 2014 by Drew Nusser

1 Answer

0 votes
Take care of white spaces in between the words. It may be the cause of 404 in your case.
answered Mar 20, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
I tried, but unfortunately that didn't help. I had spaces in it before, and it worked fine up until I removed it and re-added it.
Write an email to support@shephertz.com and pass your apiKey/appname. we will look it from backend about the issue.
Awesome, thank you!
You are getting error because you dont have any score in the game. However your game well exist. Please save at least one score to overcome with this error.
Wow. I'm an idiot. Apparently during some testing I decided to comment out the part where I was submitting my scores. Thanks a ton for your help!
I'm experiencing this issue too, and it works fine once you, or a friend have uploaded a score.
However, this seems like a fairly common usecase:
- new user installs app
- none of his friends have posted a score to the leaderboard
- user views leaderboard (before playing the game)

Currently this will trigger the exception mentioned above.  Any recommendations for dealing with this without calling a crash?

Thanks!
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com