Is there a way to show if your buddies are online or offline?

0 votes
I have a pretty basic buddy list set up but it doesn't sow if they're online or offline. What would be the best method to do this? I'm using photon servers so I can check to se if they're connected on their client but I don't know how I  can have that show for their buddy list.
asked Mar 21, 2014 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by JoeCrill (25 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
In buddy service you can not get list of online users as it is not intended for online gaming. In our AppWarp Multiplayer engine you have an option to see how many users are ther in the room and can be used to check their online/offline status.

I am not sure about Photon servers however if they have options to get all online users, you can match with buddy and put the status online/offline.
answered Mar 22, 2014 by ajay123 (899 points)
Is there anyway to use the multiplayer engine just for checking if they're online and then use photon separate for the actual gameplay?
It would be equivalent to having complete logic shift to AppWarp. I would encourage you to switch to AppWarp for better integration support of backend using App42 Cloud API instead of  Photon. Obviously my comment may sound biased however  we will be in better position to help you with integration support in this case.
Looks like I'll have to do this. Is it similar to photon? it took me a while to get the hang of photon.
It is, indeed better than photon ... :)
Have a look here http://appwarp.shephertz.com
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com