Push Notification Not Working When app is fully close

0 votes
I try using the Push Notification with Unity Project, i success get a notification when i running my game, but after i fully close my game, i cant get any notication.

Anyidea how to get notification even my app dint open, i need to change anything in AndroidManifest in order to get my result?
asked May 22, 2015 in App42PaaS & BPaaS by jianloong92 (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

Are you working with tutorial or integrated it in your unity game.Can you please share some application logs that help us to track the exact problem you are facing.

We have recently updated our sample with new Google API.Hope you are using updated plugin.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg
answered May 22, 2015 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
Hi, i try using the sample app42, and i also try integrated into my project, both result are same, the plugin current i use if App42-Unity3D-SDK-4.0. And i use the dashboard push message, have the same result
And the push logs are disable , please goto app setting and enable push logs state? where i need to go? unity setting? or inside AndroidManifest?
I am talking about logcat logs in android application side. Can you please share them.Whenever Notification can Android native handles it and send to unity.
To enable the push logs login to AppHQ console and click on Settings under AppManager section and select your app from dropdown and enable Push log state.
i receive two message
GMC  GCM Message com.test.test 0:1432281657142067%70776531f9fd7ecd

GCM-DMM broadcast instent callback: result=CANCELLED for Intent {act-com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE pkg=com.test.test(has extras)}

Thanks
These are not the exact messages can you please share some more logs or you can share the project as well.
I'm running into same problem. I have sample push project for unity and androidmanifest's bundle id changed double checkes the CMS key. THe log which i get in the Push logs is

Message Sent to  device: APA91bEmInPS5EHg9_sUQj5FvTdDhdE-W5gliMpjDus57iaHJWqIIn6tKEWMi3YYyTROUU_ZyzssByYpO36K0sdBOy3IoqBmFL0u8BfvqHgXTBvANTnYUqYSgNBWoIEhq63nYhqVakDd : [ errorCode=MismatchSenderId ]
[ errorCode=MismatchSenderId ] occurs only when your Google-Project-Number mentioned in Unity project not matched with the server key submitted on AppHQ console.
I have the sample push project from git. In pushSamlple.cs, I have changed the API and secret key (from App42 console) and Google project number is the server key from the google dev console. I double checked the google project number with ket in push->android->push android settings push key.
[Edit]: I saw some comments the said the match the Google project Name i'm not sure where to put it.
Google Project number is differet its available in overView section and server key is different. Google Project Number also called SenderId.
Server key should be on push->android->push android section of AppHQ.
As i understand, I have to paste "Project ID"[google dev console] to "public const string GoogleProjectNo=""; " in sample. and server API key to app42 push settings fro android. I did this but yet i couldn't get notifications.
So what kind of error you are getting still.Now you are able to register the device on AppHQ.Project Number looks like 1043599038915
Thanks for your support.
Let me know if you are able to solve it out else you can share the severKey and project No with us as well.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com