Unexpected api call: Event - trackEvent

0 votes
Hello!

In app42 management console under the Billing & Metering section I have seen unexpected api calls.

It looks like I have made an API call: Resource: Event, Operation: trackEvent. But I do not even use trackEvent api call in my code. 

What could cause this behaviour? I do not want this api calls to be charged. 

Thank you for your help!
asked Jun 3, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by kraner (43 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Hello kraner,

This is your app installation tracking which is not going to charge in your billing. You don't need to worry about this, you will be charged only for those API which you explicitly made from your app. 

Let me know if you need any other help from our side.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
answered Jun 3, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Jun 4, 2015 by kraner
This api calls does not occur only when app is installed. Today application counted 3000 api calls, and approximately 2900 of those are trackEvent api calls.

There must be something wrong here. There was like 300 unexpected api calls in 30 seconds. What could be the reason behind this behaviour?

Please help! I need to fix this behaviour before the game is published.

Thank you for your support!
Hello Kraner,

Could you please let me know how many events count you have in Dashboard? To see the events count in dashboard, click on Marketing Automation >> Basic >> Total events in right hand side. Kindly share that count, it will help me to provide better support from our end.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Total events count in marketing automation: 1702.

Number of daily API hits (app42 dashboard) for today is already 10000 (most of them are trackEvent).
Thanks for sharing the total event count with us. As you can see that there is only 1702 events for your app.

You can compare your events based on date range as well. Just click on Basic link >> Scroll down to Events Distribution section >> select date range and see how many events you have for the day. If you find there is any extra event from our side in that section, just let us know. Also if possible, then share the list of events name at support@shephertz.com. It will help us to provide better support from our side.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
App42 Team
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com