AppWarp Xamarin Unable to Disconnect()

0 votes

Hello,

I am developing an application using AppWarp for Xamarin.Android and there is a bug in the latest version of the AppWarp Xamarin SDK where I am unable to call Disconnect(), I always get a SocketException thrown if I try to disconnect. If I try the previous version of the SDK disconnecting works fine. The version I am using is not on the ShepHertz github but rather from here so I am not sure of the exact version number:

http://cdn.shephertz.com/repository/files/19b5d3409bf22f86f17dc1cdd52c5c31f3dececcf7d139c09ed78ab99e75f6e1/2f235d87bb89b14481329ecd265122ada9d804f2/AppWarpMonoLibrary.dll

Do you guys think you could fix this bug?

asked Jun 10, 2015 in AppWarp by feraask (45 points)
edited Jun 10, 2015 by feraask

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Ferask,

Please use the latest AppWarp Xamarin SDK that is available on AppWarp website. The version that you have mentioned is given to a client for testing purpose.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Jun 11, 2015 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
edited Jun 11, 2015 by Vishnu Garg
Okay I have downloaded the latest version (1.10) and it still has the same issue, whenever I call Disconnect() I get a Socket Exception thrown.
Is there any update for this? Can you please update the Xamarin SDK to fix this bug.
Thanks, for the valuable feedback we are surely looking into it.
Okay so doing a little more testing and it seems that this is always occurring on Xamarin.Android and only occuring on iOS if I have joined & subscribed to a room. I created a shared PCL project and tried disconnect on both iOS and Android and the iOS app worked fine if I just connected and then disconnected, but if I joined a room then my app crashes. The android app always crashes when I try to disconnect regardless of if I am in a room or not.

Have you guys made any progress on why this is happening and uploading a fix?
Has there been any work on this? This is a critical issue as I need to be able to disconnect and this is a fundamental function of AppWarp.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com