getTopNRankersFromFacebook working but with a huge delay

0 votes
Hello,
I'm trying implement facebook leaderboards, I've got things working but problem is it does not show in time. For example if I post a score now then it will show my friends' scores and even mine but after some time, 6-12 hrs (I continiously tried for 4-5 hours then I tried next day so).

I want to know if the lag is real or its only me who's facing the issue. Or if there is any way to get it working a little quick.

For further clearance I:
- followed this blog: http://blogs.shephertz.com/2013/11/29/increase-engagement-with-social-leaderboards-in-unity-and-facebook-sdk/
- am getting user_friends permission from user just fine.
- am using facebook ID (the 15 digit number) of user for posting score.
- am linking user's facebook account.
- am using storage services for saving additional data and fetching it to get the real names of players.

Thanks!
asked Jul 14, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by Girish Nohwar (10 points)
Are you seeing delay in any other method too or it is just facebook leaderboard which is causing the issue? Please write to support@shephertz.com if it continuous to have a lag.Date range based method are knows to have some delay and not based on real time however other methods are on real time basis.
No, just facebook leaderboards. The only other method I'm using is GetTopNRankers which is working fine (and real time). I tried with 4-5 facebook accounts, issue persisted with all of them.

1 Answer

0 votes
Looks like we had some issue on the caching layer for this method for few of the apps and that was the reason of delay. We have fixed this issue at our end and should be fine now. Impact of this issue was for few hours.
answered Jul 16, 2015 by ajay123 (899 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com