is there any Free VM or something I can use to run my server for free?

0 votes

It seems that GPaaS is not free, but it is says 100 CCU free license, what is the meaning of this?

I am developing a turn based multiplayer card game, so it needs server side programming. I want to test it go online, so is there any free or demo for deploy and host the server??

I can't afford to pay for GPaaS service in the near future even for the lowest t2.micro plan, and I need to host my game ASAP.

I don't mind a free demo or max 10 CCU, I need it for my thesis only and it will be tested this month with <10 users
Please help...

asked Aug 8, 2015 in AppWarpS2 by Propheus (32 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer

Hi  Propheus,

100 CCU is free for AppWarpS2. GPaaS is a hosting solution for AppWarpS2 which is not free. It seems you only need it for demo purpose then you host it on your local system and the devices wich are connected to the same LAN can use the public IP address of that local system to connect to the AppWarpS2 server.

I hope it will help.

Thanks. 

answered Aug 8, 2015 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
selected Aug 8, 2015 by Propheus
ok, thank you for the confirmation.

yeah for a moment I only need to show it to my professors who told me that this app must be playable online.

I can't pay via credit card right now, so I am looking for a free hosting.
Too bad this one is not free.
Hi Propheus,  
Instead of using AppWarpS2, You can use AppWarpCloud (http://appwarp.shephertz.com/) which is already hosted by us and free for Indie developers. But, with AppWarpCloud, you can not perform server side customization.

Let me know if it helps.
hi Rajeev, thanks for the answer.

but what I am making right now is 4 player card game, and I can't think of any way to make it without server side coding, like handling disconnected user and saving final state of the round to do something in second round, which there are a chance that the players is different from previous round i.e 1 player left the game and new player joins the room.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com