email not being sent

0 votes
Hello Shephertz,

I am trying to send an email with the Email services, the email gets sent and I see the callback, But the sent mail does not show up in the sender mail and niether in my inbox.

I am using the following configuration:

port: 465

host: smtp.gmail.com

ssl: true

Also If I send the email using Apphq dashboard, It tells me the email was sent, but in the senders gmail account I dont see a sent mail and niether inthe inbox of the receiver account do I see the sent mail.

I already made my google account less secure following some suggestion in other questions, to no avail.

help would be appreciated,

cheers,

armin
asked Aug 17, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by armin65 (39 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Hello Armin,

If you are not getting any security warnings then please make sure, your email doesn't restrict third party application for sending email. If that is the case, then please click here to allow a new application to access your account for sending the email and let us know if it resolve your issue.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Aug 17, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
selected Aug 17, 2015 by armin65
Hi I just received the warning from the following location can you confirm that this is in fact your servers?
Boardman, OR, USA
IP address:    54.185.18.199
Is there any way to make the login secure so that it confirms new google security criteria?

Edit: btw. I am still not getting the email after accepting the security warnings

Ok everything is now working I had to repeat the steps for accepting the security warning again and had to add the mail configuration anew.
Great to hear that your query has been resolved. Let us know if you need any other help from our side.

We are Happy to help you.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Ok it seems that the query wasn't solved after all, if i send the message through AppHQ dashboard, it gets delivered. However sending the email through API isn't working, although I get the success call back telling me the email was sent, is still don't see the mail in my inbox.
this is a code snippet I am using:

String emailMime="EmailMIME.PLAIN_TEXT_MIME_TYPE";    
            EmailService emailService = GlobalParameters.instance.serviceApi.BuildEmailService();  
            emailService.SendMail("recv@gmail.com", "template", "template", "sender@gmail.com", emailMime, new VerificationEmailCallBack(userManager));
Hello Armin,

It looks like there is some mistake in the documentation, please use the below code snippet:
  emailService.SendMail("recv@gmail.com", "template", "template", "sender@gmail.com", EmailMIME.PLAIN_TEXT_MIME_TYPE, new VerificationEmailCallBack(userManager));

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi,

I already noticed that and corrected it, to no avail, still not getting the email through.
Hello Armin,

There was some issue while sending email from your client and it has been resolved. Please check and let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi Himanshu

thanks for the great support, issue has been resolved, can you tell me what the problem was?
Great to hear that your query has been resolved, There is some issue with the thread of email for your app.

Let me know if you need any help from our side.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com