What metrics is the geodata API using?

0 votes

Today I checked out the geodata API. I inserted a point and tried the getNearByPoint-function.
The insertion of a marked point worked well as well as the return of all points. 

But when I try to gather all points within a x KM-radius, the service works falsely. Instead of returning a point in a distance 120 km it is returned inside a 200 km radius. 

Did I use the wrond metrics (the kind of metrics google maps is using) or is the service broken?

Edit: The service also returns "distanceInKM":null inside its JSON-body

Regards, Thomas

asked Aug 25, 2015 in Discuss & suggest API by thomas.loercher42 (10 points)
recategorized Aug 25, 2015 by thomas.loercher42

2 Answers

0 votes
Hello Thomas,

Could you please let me know which method & SDK you are using for fetching all the points in 120km?

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Aug 25, 2015 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu,

I use the Java SDK version 2.6. The method I'm using is

geoService.createGeoPoints(storageName, geoPointsList);
for saving and

geoService.getPointsWithInCircle(storageName, lat, lng, radiusInKM, resultLimit);

for point retrieval.

Regards, Thomas
Hello Thomas,

Get points with in circle will take radius in kM as a extrenal parameter to find near by records, If you need to find the records based on distance in KM, you can use getNearByPointByMaxDistance function. Kindly use this method and let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
0 votes

Hi Himanshu,

I use the Java SDK version 2.6. The method I'm using is 

geoService.createGeoPoints(storageName, geoPointsList);
for saving and

geoService.getPointsWithInCircle(storageName, lat, lng, radiusInKM, resultLimit);

for point retrieval.

Regards, Thomas

answered Aug 25, 2015 by thomas.loercher42 (10 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com