Email Service not working - Email sent but not received - iOS

0 votes

I configured the Email service with my gmail account  in AppHQ, and tried to send email using "Compose" option. It said message is successfully sent, but it is not received !

Even the "Reset user password with email verification" is also not working - Though am getting success message in code ,email is not received .

I've given  Host as smtp.gmail.com  and Port value : 465 , SSL : YES  .

Tried Changing the port value to 587 , but still not working .

Also granted access to third party application for sending mail by following the link http://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/How-To-Unlock-Gmail-For-A-New-Email-Program-Or-Service.htm

Even this didnt work for me .   Please provide a solution .

asked Oct 6, 2015 in App42 Cloud API-BaaS by gtarun16 (11 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Hello,

Greetings for the day!!!

Can you please tell us if you have got any authentication error from your email provider. Also can you share your app name with us so that we can provide you better support. 

Regards,
Nishant

PS: Please make sure you have set all the correct values in Unified Notifications>Settings>Email>View>Update as Service Provider:App42, Host:smtp.gmail.com, Port Value:465, SSL:Yes, your email-id and password for the same. Also that you select the same mail-id while sending email for which the settings are all set. 
answered Oct 7, 2015 by NishantAShephertz (30 points)
Hello Nishant , I opened my gmail account, selected My Account, then selected Sign-in and security , then  Enabled "Allow less secure apps" option to YES .

This work around made it work  , now am able to receive emails !!!
Great! Let us know if you have any other issues with integration. We are here to help you.
Regards,
Nishant
HI
is there any option bulit in with the api with out requiring to use gmail can we create email from appshepard it self ?
0 votes

Hi, i had the same issue with you and i solved it. Hope not too late to help you. 

First, you need to check your gmail by go into "My Account" > Sign-in & security > then enable Apps connected to your account

Second, make sure your send to email is added to email configuration with the correct password that login into your gmail account

Third, make sure that your template key and value is match  ( NSMutableDictionary *otherMetaHeaders = [NSMutableDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:@"test",@"test", nil];//Which you are created from AppHQ.)

answered Mar 14, 2016 by kmchai (10 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com