Unity3D - CreateUser Adds Quotation Marks to Username In AppHQ->User

0 votes
So this is a somewhat serious issue. I haven't worked on the game in a few weeks because I was creating assets, but now when a user is created, instead of this username being created in AppHQ as:

Himanshu

It creates:

"Himanshu"

The username being created is obviously 'Himanshu' without quotes, but writes to the server as "Himanshu" with quotes. I'll have to change a lot of code to accomodate for this. Is this an update or something?
asked Feb 12, 2016 in Android by null (23 points)
edited Feb 13, 2016 by null

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hi Developer,

There is no update on server-side for this, however while creating the user you have to restrict on the form. So that no one can put null value in place of username. Because the value which you have shared with us is not a null, it is a string. App42 SDK by default validates on null or blank values. Also, I can forward your query to our concern team, if there is some issue on client side then we will resolve it on ASAP.

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Feb 13, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Sorry, "null" is actually the username.  I'll edit my post.
Hmm, for some reason the problem fixed itself server-side.

Great to know that your query has been resolved. Let me know if you need any help from my side.

I will be Happy to address your concern.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com