Storing user locally from app42

0 votes
Does app42 store the logged in user locally itself. After authentication of user can i get the currently logged in user. I am aware of setLoggeInUser function which can store some info about user. But i want to know is there other storage offered by app42. Thanks a lot.
asked Mar 1, 2016 in iOS by zohaib.ehsan (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Zohhaib,

To answer your query "Does app42 store the logged in user locally itself", yes once you call authenticate object we save logged in user and session id local pref. And you get logged in user value using getLoggedInUser function. 

let me know if it helps. 

P.S We also support saving user additional information in Storage service where you can store any value in JSON format. Please have a look at this link and let me know if you require any help. 

Regards

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 1, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Thanks himanshu for your reply.
Do i have to call setLoggedInUser first, then i can get user name? Or it do it on its own?
I am a previous user of Parse.com :). It automatically stores the user in local pref.
Hi Zohhaib,

Once you call createUser function from App42 SDK your project, loggedInUser will set automatically in local pref which you can get from getLoggedInUser function. So you can check it easily at client side, if you find any issue then let me know.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com