Unity - Cannot Write To Storage

0 votes
Hi there. I just released my game and after a day or so, users were unable to write to the database. I'm using Unity 5x, and I've tested on both Android and PC writing to a database. I've also tried creating a collection using AppHQ, however, I get the response 'Something Went Wrong'. I can edit current collections, but I cannot create new ones. Even if I delete a collection and try to add one after, I get the same error.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edit: A few things I forgot to mention.  I can create users just fine.  When I go to add a collection to the database, I get 'Unauthorized access' with error code 1401, however, authentication, etc. works just fine.  I assume the problem is on your side because my app was unedited since release.
asked Mar 27, 2016 in Unity by null (23 points)
edited Mar 27, 2016 by null

1 Answer

+1 vote

Hi User,

Could you please confirm you are facing this issue for TicTaco app. It will help us to provide better support to you. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 28, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Yup, it's for TicTaco.
Okay, so I tried adding a collection and database for another app called Midpoint and that worked fine.  It's just TicTaco that's having the problem.

Keep in mind that there were no changes to TicTaco since its release, and it was active for about two days until this problem occurred.
Hi,

It seems like you have crossed the limit of collections in your app. Please allow me to connect you with Aidityo on this. He will help you out with this query. Could you please share your email address with us at support@shephertz.com.

Regards
Himanshu Sharma
Done, thanks :)
I see from another thread that without an enterprise plan (I'm in trial mode now), I can't save more than a few hundred collections.  The game isn't making any money right now so I can't buy anything yet, but I did come across this post by your team:

http://api.shephertz.com/tutorial/Saving-App-Data/?index=storage-data

Which brings me to a few questions.

If all game data for all users is saved in one collection, how can I safely write to that collection without other users writing to it at the same time?
Okay, I think I can reprogram everything using JSON documents in single collections.  Sigh, lol.  This is really bad, haha.
Hi

It doesn't affect to collection, if every user make a call to fetch/update the records because every document is related to users itself.

Let me know if it helps.

regards
Himanshu Sharma
most of the apps will not generate any money till it have thousands of monthly user base i request to add a permanent free plan so we can use the service.
I second that request.
I will suggest you to post your business related query on sales@shephertz.com. They will help you out for all pricing related query.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com