any way to divide the log file into small files?

0 votes
the current log seem 1 file only which cause the file size is very big and hard to download to check. So my question is how to divide the log into small file (ex : 10 log file rotation) or if divide and naming the log file by date to eaiser to manage ( ex : Warplog_20160427.log .... )
asked Apr 27, 2016 in AppWarpS2 by nguyenanhdung (51 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello Dung,

We have recorded your request and will give you an updated AppWarpS2.jar by 4th May. With the new jar, you will be able to manage the log file date wise.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Rajeev Ranjan
answered Apr 27, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Hi Dung,

The updated JAR and logback.xml file can be downloaded from here(https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot3rphbg5fksb2f/AppWarpS2.zip?dl=0) rolling configuration based on the desired pattern.

Here are the easy steps that you need to follow for the configuration.

1. Place the logback.xml file parallel to AppConfig.json file.
2. Change the configuration in logback.xml file based on requirements.
3. Set max number of history file.
 <maxHistory>30</maxHistory> for Maximum number of log files.
4. Change the File Pattern.
Currently for testing I have set based on time.

<fileNamePattern>./logs/Warplog.%d{yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm}.log</fileNamePattern>

You can set based on date like

<fileNamePattern>./logs/Warplog.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log</fileNamePattern>

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Rajeev
i have tried the new jar. however it does not generate the log file by date if i set the xml based on date (./logs/Warplog.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log) , only base on time setting does. Please check
Hi Dung,

Actually it maintains logs in WarpLog.log file actively, but once the date is over it rolls the logs in files based on the file pattern, in your case pattern is date base so it rolls it on the next day.
That is the reason why you are able to test it based on time but not based on date.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com