AppWarp Server Location and Latency

0 votes
Hey to all,

We have a realtime multiplayer game called WoodBall. Right now we are using Google Play Services Realtime Multiplayer API for multiplayer matches. Currently, all players are able to play with each other without any problem regardless players location. What I mean is a player from Turkey is able to play with a player from USA.

As I read http://blogs.shephertz.com/2014/02/21/connecting-to-different-appwarp-cloud-locations-for-minimum-latency/ this post, it is recommended to connect players according to their locations. However, this time, players from different servers will not be able play eachother.. %50 of our players are located in Turkey. However other %50 are from all over the world. That is why I want all players are able to play eachother.

So, The questions are

1. Is it impossible with default server location of Europe? Latencies are GENERALLY that much high for widely spaced players?

2. How can I debug/test it? Is there a way to test it? If we choose default zone to USA and two testers from Turkey connect a room, we can test it? or maybe a VPN?

Thanks.
asked May 5, 2016 in Unity by hakcan.atilim (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi,

You can connect your users to default AppWarp server to enable all your users play with each other. You can choose your default server location from our dashboard AppHQ Management Console.

To minimise the latency, you can choose your default server location nearest to the location with highest user base. Generally, the latency is very low with good internet at client side.

For testing, Yes, you can do that with US server by selecting it as default zone.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Rajeev
answered May 6, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com