onConnectDone and onLeaveRoomDone is not getting called

+1 vote
Hi, We are working on game from last few months and we are close to complete it. But from last 2 days there is problem to connect appwarp, response from server is not coming. After trying 3-4 times it will work once. And our code is fine as we were working on this from last few months, code is steady. It must be problem at sever side. Even some times onLeaveRoomDone is not getting called. Please look into this ASAP. Also once our game goes live and something happened like this how should we trust Appwarp? Or it will not happen in paid plan?
asked Jun 1, 2016 in Cocos2D-X by smitpatel88 (33 points)
Same issue with mine,  
http://forum.shephertz.com/?qa=8940/onconnectdone-not-getting-fired

i am using Libgdx though, Appwarp please help!

2 Answers

0 votes
I was facing the same issue but with different scenario. When I try the Unity Connection Resilliance sample:

https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpS2Public/issues/11

It works with the dynamic username. But if I use the same username to connect again and again, I get the issue of call being stuck in Connecting state.
answered Jun 2, 2016 by wahoplay (15 points)
I have problem with normal connection, doesnt matter if its new User or old User.
And for connect again n again within 60 sec, you have to call "recoverConnectionWithSessionID" with "AppWarpSessionID"
Thanks for the info. Today, I'm also facing the same issue with normal connection. So I think it is something at server side.
0 votes
Hi Smit,

The team is looking into it and will update you as soon as possible.

Also, could you please let me know that you are getting this issue on Device or Simulator? On which platform you are tesing iOS or Android? On which version of  Cocos2dx and AppWarp SDK you are working?

It will help us to debug the problem.

Thanks.
answered Jun 2, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
We are testing on actual devices, from last few days we are testing on Android only.
But i think it will be common for all as other users are complaining too.
We are using Cocos2d-x 3.8.1 and latest AppWarp i.e. V_1.10.3 from below link
https://github.com/shephertz/AppWarpCocos2DX/tree/master/V_1.10.3
Problem started from 30th May. We are developing 2 games, same happening for both games.
Please fix ASAP, and if you need any help to test it out, let me know.
Thanks
Hi Smit,

The problem was due to noisy neighbours and it gets solved automatically as the AppWarp server auto scales in case of heavy load. In this kind of scenario server auto scales but you may experience the server latency for few minutes. We have checked this issue and everything is working fine at our end. Could you please check and confirm at your end if the problem is resolved or not.

Thanks.
Yes, problem is resolved.
But as you said that its due to heavy load, what will happen to live games?
In such scenario i think we should get error in onConnectDone, so we can show some error msg.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com