Apple rejects our app because of no IPv6 support in App42Cloud!

0 votes
Hi There,

It seems that Apple is now testing all submitted apps in a strict IPv6 environment and our app got rejected because Appwarp doesn't work on IPv6! it seems "https://api.shephertz.com/" is not reachable on IPv6 (checked it with http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php).

This is an urgent case and would be glad if you could provide us a solution asap! FYI, we use Cocos2d-x SDK.

Thanks,

Ozden
asked Jun 9, 2016 in Cocos2D-X by oirmak (10 points)
edited Jun 9, 2016 by oirmak

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Ozden,

We have taken it on highest priority and team is looking into it. I will update you on the same as soon as team finishes the changes at our end.

Meanwhile, could you please share the response you got from apple so that we can be more specific towards the problem.

Regards,

Rajeev
answered Jun 10, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Hello Rajeev,

Well, after a short period of review, we've been informed that our app has been rejected by the review person with the reason that "the user cannot login the game". In the explanation message, it was mentioned that "Apps are reviewed on an IPv6 network. Please ensure that your app supports IPv6 networks, as IPv6 compatibility is required.". Than I digged the issue and what I found is that the endpoint reached by your sdk is not available when tried to be reached on a IPv6 network (as described above).

I didn't receive any further technical data as there was no crash or whatsoever but rather just a screenshot showing that our app saying there is an error and the user should check whether there is a valid internet connection.

Thanks,

Ozden
Hi Ozden,

Thanks for sharing the details.
We are working on it and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Rajeev
Hi Ozden,

We have done the necessary changes to the URL api.shephertz.com to make our App42_Cocos2DX_SDK compatible with the IPv6 network. Please verify the same at your end and let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
Rajeev
Hi There,

Thanks for the speedy work. I can confirm that all is good now and our app has passed Apple's review process.

Thanks,

Ozden
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com