Error while trying to run Corona SDK Sample

0 votes

I'm having this error when I run the "App42_CloudAPI_Corona_Sample-master" example. Semms like I'm missing something relate to the Storyboard Module. Any ideas why?

Module 'storyboard' not found:
no field package.preload['storyboard']
no file '/Users/Leonardo/Library/Application Support/Corona/Simulator/Plugins/storyboard.lua'
no file '/Users/Leonardo/Desktop/App42_CloudAPI_Corona_Sample-master/sample/App42-LeaderBoard-Sample/storyboard.lua'
no file '/Applications/CoronaSDK/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/storyboard.lua'
no file '/Users/Leonardo/Library/Application Support/Corona/Simulator/Plugins/storyboard.dylib'
no file './storyboard.dylib'
no file '/Applications/CoronaSDK/Corona Simulator.app/Contents/Resources/storyboard.dylib'

File: module 'storyboard' not found

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'require'

?: in function <?:803>

(tail call): ?

main.lua:16: in main chunk

asked Jul 14, 2016 in Corona by miguel.leonardoferre (10 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Miguel,

It seems like the storyboard.lua file is unavailable in latest version of corona and the sample is made using storyboard, hence it is unable to find the same.

Please download storyboard.lua file and put it in the project folder and try.

Let me know if the problem continues.

Regards,

Rajeev
answered Jul 15, 2016 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
I've downloaded the file. Now the app runs but I have some null exception as I try to create a user:

Attempt to concatenate upvalue 'emailTextField' (a nil value)

File: login.lua
Line: 85
stack traceback:
    login.lua:85: in function 'onException'
    App42-Lua-API/Util.lua:37: in function 'throwExceptionIfNullOrBlank'
    App42-Lua-API/UserService.lua:31: in function 'createUser'
    login.lua:146: in function '_onEvent'
    ?: in function '?'
    ?: in function <?:1381>
    ?: in function <?:169>
I tried some email variations but even if the field is blank I have this problem. Strange, as the code has some lines to deal with that case.
Could you please share the inout values which you are using for creating user? It will help me to identify the problem.
I've tried some fake data, as

user: monkeytestplayer
mail: monkeytestplayer@gmail.com

and even real data as my main mail address.

The problem is the same even with blank field. Instead of a warning of blank space as I've seen in the code line, I get this Null Exception.

Thanks!
Hi Miguel,

Have you passed the direct value in createUser function at line no: 146 in login.lua file (https://github.com/shephertz/App42_Corona_SDK/blob/master/sample/App42-LeaderBoard-Sample/login.lua) and let me know if you are able to create the user.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com