Inserting Json to collection is successfull but it is still empty in the dashboard

0 votes

Hello,

I am trying to populate a storage through Java. I can update and do all that no issues.

However When I tried to add new docs to new storage, the output shows that everything is succesfull. Even when  I fetch all documents, it get returned. But if I fetch by key or I even view in the dashboard, it is empyt Collection. Infact, when I delete that specific collection from the dashboard it stays visible in the list and empty.

StorageService storageService = serviceAPI.buildStorageService();  
for(int i =1; i <= 10; i++){
JSONObject jsonDoc = new JSONObject();
JSONArray jsonArr = new JSONArray(); // empty array
String teamName = "Team"+i;

try {
        jsonDoc.put("TeamName", teamName);
        jsonDoc.put("Members", jsonArr);

} catch (JSONException e) {

e.printStackTrace();
continue;
}

Storage storage = storageService.insertJSONDocument(dbName, collectionName_teams, jsonDoc);

System.out.println("dbName is " + storage.getDbName());
System.out.println("collection Name is " + storage.getCollectionName());
ArrayList<Storage.JSONDocument> jsonDocList = storage.getJsonDocList();
for (int j = 0; j < jsonDocList.size(); j++) {
System.out.println("objectId is " + jsonDocList.get(j).getDocId());
System.out.println("CreatedAt is " + jsonDocList.get(j).getCreatedAt());
System.out.println("UpdatedAtis " + jsonDocList.get(j).getUpdatedAt());
System.out.println("Jsondoc is " + jsonDocList.get(j).getJsonDoc());

}
}

What could be wrong here? I can email you specific details if needed

Thanks

asked Sep 5, 2016 in Java by AndroidFolk (107 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi AndroidFolk,

Could you please share the details of your app like app name, collection name in which you are facing the issue? If possible then please add demo@shephertz,com as a collaborator on that application. It will help us to provide better support to you.  

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma
answered Sep 5, 2016 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello
I added demo@shephertz.com as a collaborator.
As you can see Teams_*********   ( I had to mask the name since it is public forum), has two instances for some reason.

Also, I can't delete the collection Teams_**********_try
I would suggest you to don't use a special character in collection name, it will resolve your issue. However deleting a collection name , please let us know which collection you want to delete. We will delete it from the backend for you.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Thank you, I didn't use special character. I just added **** here to mask the name since it is  public forum.
Is there an email I can reach you at to specify what I need to be delete?
Thanks
Yes, AndroidFolk, you can drop an email to support@shephertz.com with your app details.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com