Send question to room Android quiz app (AppwarpS2)

0 votes
I have managed to create a dynamic room and joined 2 players in it . now i want to send questions to the room from server side . How can i send questions as object to that room from server . Where will i get the callback once I send question from server ? And using which function should i update my responses back to the server ?.
asked Feb 8, 2017 in Announcements by jishnukanthpt (21 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Jishnu,

Greetings from ShepHertz!!!!!

There are many ways to achieve this it again depends on your game busniess logic how you want to achieve this.

• You can use gameRoom.BroadcastChat function in your RoomAdapter to send questions to all the users in the game.You can write it in onTimerTick function. Player can answer using RoomRPC API so that you can record the same on the server.
  • You can also send questions to specific user using iUser.SendChatNotification function to send questions to a specific user and using RoomRPC you can record the answers.
  • You can use only RoomRPC API to send question and for answers on server. You can create to function for that and player can call accordingly.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Feb 8, 2017 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
We are using the Quiz up trivia example provided in the downloads page. gameRoom.BroadcastChat is working fine in onTimerTick function. How shoudl I write RoomRPC API on server and call it from android? Can you please provide some example code for both
You can write your own public function on RoomAdapter and can call using invokeRoomRPC API with the argument your required.
For more information you can refer the documentation http://appwarps2.shephertz.com/dev-center/rpc-appwarps2/
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com