Need FCM support!

+1 vote
Hello, google now use FCM instead GCM for push notification but App42 still use GCM, so when we have an update of App42 to support FCM?
asked Feb 9, 2017 in Unity by copangtnc (45 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Capangtnc,

Greetings from ShepHertz!!!!

We already support FCM for Push Notification, you can use integrate App42 Push Notification in your app with the FCM credentials.

We are working on documentation and push plugins for the same.

You can integrate the same in your application and let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks

Vishnu Garg

answered Feb 9, 2017 by Vishnu Garg (674 points)
So i just simple replace Push key in Dashboard with the FCM credentials?
Yes, You need to replace the server key only.
If you are using FCM plugin Client then you need to write parsing logic for the messages.
Sorry, can you explain more about "parsing logic for the messages". I already implement all push logic for my app and it working with GCM, now i just want to update for FCM.
If its working then it will work.Message format is same from our side.
i have one more question, i have custom App42AndroidPush (seem output is "app42pushservice.jar") and that lib use GCM, so there is a lib project for FCM?
we are working on the Plugins. but it works for both GCM and FCM. If you face any issue in this let us know.
I got error  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/google/android/gms/gcm/GoogleCloudMessaging; at com.shephertz.app42.push.plugin.App42GCMController.getRegistrationId(App42GCMController.java:129).
I think we need new plugin, because the current one using GCM
Yes, We are working on the same. Meanwhile you can use the plugin provided by FCM it will also work for the same.We will let you know once its being done.
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com