How to monitor a player's online status?

0 votes
Hello peeps. Let's say I have some online game, and I use some another soultion to implement multiplayer feature, but I use App42 to manage login into the game and saving user's data like nickname and score. But if the same user will open two tabs in his browswer, or two clients of the game on his PC, he will be able to log into the game two times, so he will be able to play against himself. Can I prevent this from happening with App42's power ?
asked Mar 17, 2017 in Unity by xerolp933 (22 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Xerool,

Apologies for getting late back to you. 

It can be managed using Session Service. How? Whenever user authenticates using the User management, you can set the attribute of that user on the server. the attribute can contain information of user login status and before doing authentication on you can verify user attributes by getting the attribute of the users using this API. 

Please have a look in to it and let me know if it helps you to achieve your objective. 

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 20, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
That's exactly what I was thinking about. But how to deal with "log out"? It's pretty easy if there is a button in a game that allows to log out, but how to manage a situation when a user lost their internet connection, or just had blackout?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com