User Service - Reset Password

0 votes
Hello, I have big problems with password reset procedure. Yesterday when I Call resetUserPassword function I get an error immediatly : Internal Server Error please try again Today I do not get this message but when I open the link in the email i get the message "INVALID REQUEST" Can anyone help me
asked Mar 24, 2017 in JavaScript by odf (37 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Odf,

Apologies for the inconvenience cause. 

There was some issue due to which you were getting this exception. Could you please check again and let me know if you still face this issue. 

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
answered Mar 24, 2017 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hello,
not work right now.
I start the procedure, I receive the email with link (see image )
I open the link and I receive the error message (see image)
Did you need the link ?

This are the screenshot of mail message and page whit error

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5igop1p13avg50/Screenshot_2017-03-24-13-51-54.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v296wuyjeo2xtg/Screenshot_2017-03-24-13-52-09.png?dl=0
Hi Odf,

Is this exception occurs when you click on the link for the first time? Because it is working fine at our end.

Please check as this exception occur only when you click second time on the link. Please check and let me know if you still facing the issue.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
The problem was also on first time I open the link.
I think I found the problem, that was the password template.
I create it with the old UI, and the system give the error if I use IT.
I delete the password recovery mail template from old UI, create a new Password template from new UI, and now I do not receive any error, and I receive the email with the new password.

Is very BAD issue for me and for my users!
best regards
Hi Odf,

Great to know that the issue is resolved now and but as per our email conversation, we are removing the older UI from the backend. Please migrate to the new UI and feel free to share your feedback, if you face any issue or you believe that there should be some improvement in the dashboard. We will happy to implement the same and provide better support to you.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
Hi Himanshu Sharma,

Greetings!

Can you please explain the process of work for "userService:resetUserPassword(userName,App42CallBack)  "

Where I can see changed password?

Or do you have any idea how to implement forgot password functionality?

Kindly provide the solution.

Thanks
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com