Support for emails with new top-level-domains

0 votes

At the moment, there are a lot of issues with emails using newer generation top-level-domains such as the one I use would like to use with App42 (e.g. gal.peric@12b3.games).

I cannot create users with an email address ending with a TLD such as .games, neither can I send out emails from my account using the Email Service API or the User Interface (the email address I am trying to use is noreply@12b3.games).

Creating a user with such an email address returns an internal error with the API, whereas sending out the Email simply returns an "OK" without ever sending out the mail. My configuration is correct, I triple checked it before posting here and it should work. I tested it using plain Java with the same settings.

I would like to request that you make new top level domains accessible please.

asked Aug 28, 2017 in Discuss & suggest API by Gal Peric (22 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer

Hello Gal Peric,

Greetings!!!

Could you please share the name of SDK on which you are working on and the Email logs which you are getting in log section.

Also, please add us as a collaborator on your application, It will help us to provide better support to you from our end.

To add us as a collaborator, select App42CloudAPI->AppManager->Collaborator->Add Collaborator and Submit (collaborator@shephertz.com) email as collaborator.

answered Aug 29, 2017 by anonymous
selected Sep 4, 2017 by Gal Peric
Hello,

I have been playing around more, checked the logs, and found out I cannot send locked accounts Emails. Such a behaviour was never mentioned in any of the Documentation you provided us with.

After unlocking the account, I could send a message using the compose feature, but using the custom code API still just gives me an OK that the message was sent without leaving behind any logs.

My Application name is "EndCycleOnline", I added you as a collaborator.

The problem of not being able to add users with a .games, .academy and other new top-level-domains still persists though, I tested it with the following cases (all of these emails are perfectly valid ones):
- test@12b3.games (Invalid Email Address)
- test@12b3.company (Invalid Email Address)
- test@12b3.email (Invalid Email Address)
- test@12b3.com (Valid Email Address)
- test@12b3.org (Valid Email Address)

Actually a full list of available possible TLDs by IANA can be found here: http://data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt

Most of these are apparently not supported by the API as user email addresses, due to them not being recognized as valid.
Hi,

The email verification done on the client side SDK, could you please let us know on which SDK you are working on? so we can give you a method which helps you to support other top level domain.
I am using the Java SDK Version 2.6, which is the latest one available to the public.
Thank you for your quick replies and help with the problem. :)
Hi gal Peric,

Please download the latest Java SDK version 2.7 from this link (https://github.com/shephertz/App42_JAVA_SDK) and let us know if you are still facing any issues.

We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
The problem still persists.

When I try to create and account for the email "daniel.dorner@12b3.games" using custom code, I get this exception:
Exception :com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.App42BadParameterException: {"app42Fault":{"httpErrorCode":400,"appErrorCode":1903,"message":"Bad Request","details":" Application Exception ","trace":"EmailAddress is not valid. "}}
com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.App42BadParameterException: {"app42Fault":{"httpErrorCode":400,"appErrorCode":1903,"message":"Bad Request","details":" Application Exception ","trace":"EmailAddress is not valid. "}}
    at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.connection.RESTConnectorAsync.handleException(RESTConnectorAsync.java:330)
    at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.connection.RESTConnectorAsync.executeCustomCode(RESTConnectorAsync.java:295)
    at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.customcode.CustomCodeService.runJavaCode(CustomCodeService.java:215)
    at com.shephertz.app42.paas.sdk.java.customcode.CustomCodeService$3.run(CustomCodeService.java:245)

It seems as if it's not a client-side problem, but rather that of the email address validation on the App42 server itself?

Running a custom code service (requestcodemail in the EndCycleOnline app) that should send an email to users also does not send an email when running the custom code, even though it works if I use the interface on the webpage instead. I'm guessing this might be related since I am using a .games top-level-domain email address to send the email?
Hello Gal Peric,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have done some changes from our end, could you please try this one more time and let us know if you are still facing these issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
I'm happy to report that I can now create accounts for the .games TLDs using the API!

The only issue present (but not vital to me), is that if one tries to create an account using the web interface, it still throws a "Something went wrong" error with the .games TLD.

Thank you for the hard work! :)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com