When is the onUserLeaveLobby event fired?

0 votes
Hi, as the title suggests, I would like to know when the onUserLeaveLobby event is fired. Based on the documentation, it should be fired when a user leaves the lobby room, because (eg) that user has joined another room. But, this is not the case. A user will join / subscribed to the other room, but that method is not fired. Now, the weird thing is that the user is also joined / subscribed into the Lobby room, and this is because that user does get informed about what is happening in the Lobby room. So, can a user leave from the Lobby room? I have the impression that (s)he can not. Thank you, Vasilis
asked Dec 5, 2017 in iOS by info (16 points)
recategorized Dec 5, 2017 by info
Is it possible to have a reply today?
I would like to submit an update and I need to know if it is possible to use the Lobby or use a static room

Thank you
I just used the Test Manager page, and there it works. When I was joining a room, I would leave the Lobby. Could this mean that the joinAndSubscribeRoom method is buggy, and instead I should use the joinRoom and subscribeRoom methods?

2 Answers

0 votes

Hi Vasilis,

Apologies for late reply.

Yes, you are right. Whenever a user joins the room and if he is in the lobby then he will be automatically out of the lobby on the server.

The notification gets fired in if a user calls leaveLobby API or he/she joins a room.

Regarding the notification not fired when joins room, I have forwarded this to my development team to check and will get back to you asap on this.

Also, if your use-case can be achieved using a static room as of now then you can ahead and use it.

Static room and Lobby both have different behavior so its depend on your use-case that which you want to use lobby or Static room. However, you can use both or any of one based on your requirement.

Thanks.

answered Dec 6, 2017 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
0 votes
Hi Rajeev,

Thank you for replying.

I hesitate to use a static room, because I will break compatibility between the two versions of the app.

Last night, I found out that although the onUserLeaveLobby event is not fired, I do have left the Lobby. But, in rare cases, I am not. This will happen when there is a problem with your server. Last night, your server did have that problem, and because of that I was subscribed in two rooms, e.g. I was never unsubscribed from the Lobby, and I was subscribed in the game room.

I really do not know if I should write a code that would handle all these issues. I believe that it is your job to make sure that when I call the joinAndSubscribeRoom method, I would leave and unsubscribe from the Lobby (or which ever room I was in). If you can't, then please put that in the documentation so that we can code accordingly.

Thank you,

Vasilis

answered Dec 6, 2017 by info (16 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com