How to create/authenticate user using Facebook login (Without any password)

0 votes
We have implemented normal login/registration (with a password) using User services. Now we have to implement Facebook/Linked-In login/registration in EasyMeet App. Can you please tell me how can I register/login a user with authentication using Facebook/Linked-In login (without any password) ?
asked Mar 21, 2018 in Android by harendra.axovel (11 points)
edited Mar 21, 2018 by harendra.axovel

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello harendra,

If we understood correct that means, you are looking for the single session from multiple resources?

For example: If User A registered with his email id a@gmail.com using the username and password option and later on he wants to link his social account. And once he linked his account, he can login either using the username/password or using the social account. 

Let me know if our understanding is correct, it will help us to provide better support to you!

Regards,

Himanshu Sharma

answered Mar 21, 2018 by hs00105 (2,005 points)
Hi Himanshu,

If any user tap on the button "Continue with Facebook", in this case user should be created in App42 for first time and password should not be mandatory, because user can not use password for account creation if he choose "Continue with Facebook". In the same manner if he login again using same Facebook account, password should not be mandatory for user account login in App42.
ALL APPLICATIONS WHICH INCLUDES FACEBOOK LOGIN, WORKS IN THE SAME MANNER.

Is there any way or API in App42 to achieve this?
Hi Harendra,

In order to use Facebook login, first you have to add Facebook SDK for login functionality and once you receive the access token of Facebook user, you can link your accesstoken with us using Social service. And that user consider as Social user inside App42 Platform. For this, you are not required to send the password, it just you can send username and fb access token.

Please have a look at this http://api.shephertz.com/app42-docs/social-integration-service/ link and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Himanshu Sharma
I used this but this approach doesn't create user in User section. It only stores social information like fbToken and fbUserId in Social section. We can't use "lock user", "unlock user", "add/update profile data" etc if user is not exist in User section of App42. We can use this social info only for FB wall post, fetch FB friend list. This is according to App42 documentation.

Is there any way in which we can also create a user for the first time in User section using FbLogin?
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com