send a move while not passing the turn

0 votes

im trying to create a small board game, now what im trying to do here is sendingg a move using the sendmove function, i noticed it has an overload looking like this 

public void sendMove(string moveData, string nextTurn);

however when i try to send the same username in order to try and prevent the turn from passing, the turn passes still
what do i need to fix here?

asked Sep 10, 2018 in Work In Progress by omer guttman (10 points)

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi Omer Guttman,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have forwarded this query to the technical team, we will share an update regarding this as soon as possible.

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

App42 Team
answered Sep 17, 2018 by anonymous
0 votes

Hi Omer,

This overloaded method is available if you want to implement custom turn management logic instead of using default one.

To use it first you have to tell the server that you are not going to use default turn management logic while calling stratGame API. startGame APi also has a overloaded method which will ask you two more parameter, which is as follows:

public void startGame (bool isDefaultLogic, String nextTurn)

You dont want to use default logic then pass first parameter as false and second parameter as the user name whose turn will be first just after starting the game.

Then you can go ahead the sendMove API with the nextTurn parameter to set the next tturn every time a move is sent by the current user.

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

answered Sep 24, 2018 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com