Ghost user in lobby

0 votes

It seems that I have an persistent ghost user in my lobby, for several weeks now. How can I unsubscribe him? Don’t you have something like a is-alive ping? How can this happen?

I implemented a lobby where you see subscribed online users to invite them for a private game.

asked Oct 18, 2018 in Java by maitreya.gruen (12 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Maitreya,

Aplogies for the delayed response.

Could you please let us know on which Appwarp server you are connecting? It will help us to provide better support to you from our end.

Also, to unsubscribe the ghost user from the lobby, please set the kick out time in AppHQ under AppWarp app configuration under App setting. If you sets the kick-out time as 5 sec then if the user is idle for continueous 5 sec, server will automatically disconnect that user.

In the case if you have any other concern please let us know. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

App42 Team
answered Oct 19, 2018 by rajeev.etc (1,660 points)
Thanks for helping me!

I do not know to which server my Appwarp is connecting, where do I find out? If you mean the zone, then its US.

Also, I set a kickout time to 300sec, but sill the idle user remains in my lobby. After waiting for 45min....
Hi Maitreya,

Could you please let us know, in which section you are seeing and how does you know that the user is still connected after the kick out time. It will help us to provide better support to you. Also, please share your AppName and add us (collaborator@shephertz.com)as collaborator in your application. It will help us to check the issue at our end.

For adding us as a collaborator please follow the below steps:

App42Cloud API->AppManager->Collaborator->Add Collaborator-> Enter above mentioned email Id and submit.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Hello!

I see the user (user name = ee7b0981) in the callback onGetLiveLobbyInfoDone in the list liveRoomInfoEvent.getJoinedUsers(), since weeks. I added you as collaborator. app name is foxandgeese.

Thank you
Hi Maitreya,

Thank you for sharing detail with us and also for adding us as a  collaborator.

We have forwarded this query to our team, we will share an update regarding this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Hi Maitreya,

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

The query has been resolved from our end, please check the same at your end and let us know if you have any other concern.

We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Checked it, the idle user is gone! Thank you
Hi Maitreya,

Thank you for the confirmation that your query has been resolved.

In the case if you have any concern please do feel free to reach out o us.

We will be always happy to help you.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Again two idle users sitting in my lobby. Whats the reason for this problem on your side?  Are you going to fix it permanently or should I find a workaround on the client-side?
Hi Maitreya,

We have forwarded this query to our team, we will share an update regarding this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Hi Maitreya,

Please share the ghost user name with us, it will help us to provide better support to you from our end.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
App42 Team
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com