Does the AppWarp API calls need to be done in the main unity thread only?

0 votes
I have implemented AppWarp for android game, android games when moved to background pauses. What I am trying to achieve is run all the AppWarp api and register the the listerners in a different thread thread so that all the api calls can be done in a different thread when ever the app goes into the backgroun. for example creating room and getting the room id and room name. I believe connecting , subscribing and joining room needs to be in the main thread. What I am trying to achieve is it even possible? Please do let me know. I have been trying but any calls done from thread other than the main thread doesnt work
asked Jan 29, 2020 in Android by jeeth.b (11 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Jeeth,

Apologies for the delayed response.

We have fowarded your query to our team, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

App42 Team
answered Feb 3, 2020 by anonymous
Hi Jeeth,

Greetings!!!

Please have a look at this link(https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/208707516-Why-should-I-use-Threads-instead-of-Coroutines- ) for the reference.

In the case of any other concern please do feel free to reach out to us. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Priyanka Singh
Download Widgets
Welcome to ShepHertz Product line forum, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the community. You can also reach out to us on support@shephertz.com